Podium supports the BBPOS WisePOS™ E card reader. You’ll need to set up the card reader before you can use it to take payments. For instructions, see “Setting Up In-Store Card Readers (BBPOS WisePOS E).”
After you’ve set up and connected your card reader, you can begin taking payments in Podium. After entering the customer’s contact info, you can add a description of the item(s) and the amount due. Podium will send the customer a receipt automatically via text or email depending on the information provided during the checkout process.
To take a card reader payment:
- Click the + button.
- Click Payment.
- Select a card reader.
- Enter the customer’s name.
- Enter the customer’s phone number or email address.
- Add a description of the item or service and the amount that is due. If necessary, you can add additional items to the payment request by clicking the add (+) icon.
- Optionally, include an invoice number.
- If there is more than one bank account, select a bank account.
- Click Card Reader.
- Click Create charge.
- Have the customer tap, insert, or swipe their card.
- If you want, you can Send a review invitation to the customer; or, if you are ready to take a payment from another customer, click Start another payment.