Automations can save you time when managing your customer interactions. When you activate any of Podium’s built-in Campaigns automations, you can effectively market to your audience without the extra effort or time spent.
A campaign automation will send an automated marketing message to contacts that take a specific action, such as completing a purchase or subscribing to your marketing list.
These types of automations can only be sent to contacts who have consented to receive marketing texts from your business; once they have, they'll be added to your marketing list, found in Campaigns under the Marketing tab.
All of these automations will only send to a contact once, so you don’t have to worry about someone receiving the same message again.
Parts Of An Automation
Each automation consists of three major parts:
- Trigger: The customer action that activates the automation. Triggers are typically not editable since they’re essential to the success of the automation.
- Wait time: The period in between the trigger and the text message being sent. The wait time is typically editable, unless the waiting period is essential to the success of the automation.
- Message: The text that will be sent to your contact. The message is editable.
How To Set Up Your Campaigns Automations
- Go to Campaigns under Marketing.
- Go to Automations.
- To turn on and off an automation, click the toggle.
- To edit or customize the message, click the three-dot menu, and select Edit. Once you're done making changes, click Save.
- When an automation is active, you'll be able to view a report, just like a regular campaign. Click the three-dot menu, and select View report.
Available Campaign Automations
When someone messages you through Webchat, send a text with your business’s contact card, so they can save it to their phone. Providing an easy way to save your contact information is a great way to build customer loyalty and strengthen brand recognition.
Trigger: When someone sends a message through your webchat
Wait time (editable): 1 minute
Default Message (editable): H While we find an answer for you, feel free to save our contact info. You can text this number whenever you need to reach us – and if you have questions about any of our special deals. Thanks for your patience, and we look forward to serving you, :contact:!
When someone submits a review of 4 or 5 stars, send a thank-you message to encourage them to refer their friends and family.
Trigger: When someone submits a 4 or 5-star review through your review invite
Wait time (editable): 1 minute
Default Message (editable): Hey :contact: , thanks so much for your review of :location:! Your words go a long way in supporting our business. We love seeing our community grow, so please feel free to share our contact information with your friends and family.
When a contact revisits your site, send a campaign to re-open the conversation.
Trigger: When an existing contact (who has previously messaged through webchat) visits your site, and then leaves
Wait time (editable): 50 minutes after they leave your site
Default Message (editable): Hey :contact: , do you have any questions about our offers? Our team is happy to help. You can text us back here, and our team will respond as soon as we can. Thanks for supporting us! ~ :location:
When a contact purchases from you, send a campaign after some time to reopen the conversation.
Trigger: When an existing contact submits a payment through a Podium payment link
Wait time (editable): 60 days after purchase
Default Message: Hey :contact:, it’s :user: from :location: here 👋 Hope you’re doing well! Just wanted to check in to see if there’s anything else we can do for you. If there is, feel free to text us your questions, and we’ll be happy to help out. Have a wonderful day!