Configuring Your Welcome Greeting
Give your callers a great first impression by customizing your welcome greeting and providing instructions on dialing call groups directly.
- Log into Podium and click the Settings button in the top right corner.
- From the Settings page, click Voice on the left-side menu.
- Under "Customer Call Experience," click the Edit button net to Welcome Greeting.
- Podium uses a pre-recorded welcome greeting by default. To upload your own, click the Choose file button and upload your custom greeting. Note: your greeting must be in .mp3 or .wav format.
- Note: Don't want a welcome greeting at all and would rather your customers go straight to ringing? Just click the toggle button and disable welcome greetings.
- If you want your customers to be able to directly dial an extension of a phone or a call group (e.g. directly calling Billing department), you should include instructions in your welcome greeting (e.g. “If you want to reach the Billing department, dial *9”). You can verify the extensions associated with your Call Groups by going to Settings > Voice > Call Groups.
- Click Save Changes.