Before you can start talking to your customers over the phone using Podium Voice, you’ll need to get your phones unboxed and set up.
Unboxing your phone
Your phones will be delivered to you with everything you need to get started and connect your phone to the internet. Once you unbox the phone, make sure you have the following:
- Phone Base (Main Case)
- Ethernet Cable
- Receiver Cord
- Power Adapter
- Phone Stand
Assembling your phone
- Plug in the power cord to the phone (5) & an outlet
- Attach the phone cord to the handset and the phone base (4)
- Slide in the phone stand to the back of the phone (2).
Connecting your phone to the internet
We recommend using ethernet to connect your phones to the internet if possible, as you should get the fastest and most reliable internet via ethernet. If not possible, you can connect your phone to your Wi-Fi network.
Take the ethernet cable that came in your box and plug one end of the cable into the port in back of the phone (6 in diagram above) and the other end in an ethernet output. You can either plug into an ethernet port directly, or you can plug into an ethernet port of a computer that has a separate ethernet cable plugged into an ethernet source.
- Open the Settings menu by swiping the touchscreen from top to bottom and tapping the Settings gear icon in the top right.
- Tap “Wi-Fi” in the Network section
- You may get prompted to enter your Admin password. This can be found on the sticker at the bottom of your phone.
- Tap the toggle next to Wi-Fi to enable Wi-Fi.
- Under “Available WLAN List” find your Wi-Fi network and tap it.
- Enter in the password to your Wi-Fi network and tap Connect.
Adding your phone to your Podium account
Once your phone is powered on and connected to the internet, you need to add it to your Podium account to make it available to use.
- Log into Podium and click the Settings button in the top right corner.
- From the Settings Page, click Voice on the left-side menu.
- On the Voice settings page, click the tab that says Desk Phones.
- Click the Add Phone button.
- Name your phone (e.g. John's Phone or Front Desk 1)
- Enter the MAC address. You can find the MAC address on the sticker on the bottom of the phone.
- Select Pair Phone. This will take a few minutes, and you will receive a call when it's complete. The phone may reboot several times during this process.
Sync with your phone to get Caller ID popups in Podium
- Click the Phone icon in the top navigation bar.
- Select your phone from the list of phones.
Setting up your emergency services address
Your Podium Phones are able to call 911 for emergency services. Because the phones are internet-based VoIP phones, you need to enter and verify your Emergency Services Address so Podium knows how to route your 911 calls and what address to pass on to emergency dispatch.
- Go to Settings > Voice (or click the red banner on top of Podium)
- Under Emergency Services Address, click Verify Address.
- Enter in your address. Click Next.
- Verify that the address is correct and click Submit.
- Wait until the page reloads and you see a green "Verified" badge.
Once these steps are completed, your Podium phone is up and running! Right away, you can make calls from your phone (these calls will appear as coming from your Podium texting number) and receive calls to your Podium texting number on the phone.
If you’re porting your existing business number, once your port date passes, outbound calls will start appearing from your existing business number and you will receive inbound calls to your existing business number on your phone.