Prompting Customers to Text & Voicemail
On the Messaging Services page, you can choose how customers will be prompted to send a text or leave a voicemail.
To choose your voicemail settings:
- Click the Voicemail + Prompt to text option or Voicemail only, depending on your preference.
- Select either the default message or customer message.
- If using a customer message, click Choose an audio file. Audio files can be in WAV or MP3 format, and should generally be less than 10 seconds long.
Attention: When creating custom recording for the Voicemail + Prompt to text option, it's important to note that a shorter default message will still ask your customers if they'd rather receive a text than leave a voicemail. This shorter default message will play directly after your custom recording.
- Preview your recording by clicking on the play icon.
- If you've chosen to also include a prompt to text, create a message in the auto-response field.
- Click Save.