Accessing the Payments Window:
- Option 1: Click the plus icon in the top-right corner of the Podium dashboard, then click Payment
Once the payment model appears, click the new tab icon in the upper right corner, a new tab will open in your browser.
- Option 2: From the Payments tab within Podium, click Open Reader. A new tab will open in your browser.
- Setting a default location:
- If prompted, you will now set your default location. Note that this can be changed any time from the payments page.
Creating a Text Payment Request:
- In the top right corner of the screen, you will see the location from which your payment request will be sent. Confirm that the correct location is chosen, and change it if necessary.
- Once you've selected the correct location, toggle to Send Request, add the details of the invoice, and review the preview of the payment request in the right-hand window.
- Once you've reviewed the message and invoice details, click Send payment request.
Creating a Card Reader or Manual Entry charge:
- Toggle to Charge Card to charge a card through the Podium Card Reader or to input a credit card number manually.
- Fill out the invoice form with Contact name/add new contact, amount, line items and choose the payment method. Choose Card Reader to tap, dip, or swipe a card.
- Manual Entry
- If manually entering card details into Podium, select Manual Entry
- Add contact name and full card details and click on Start Charge.
- After charging the card, the receipt is sent to the customer automatically. Merchants can send a review invite after a successful card charge.