If you have a Google My Business page, you can connect it to Podium to more efficiently manage your reviews. You’ll be able to include Google in your review invitations and respond to reviews directly in Podium. You’ll also be able to track trends and see how reviews are impacting your business in dashboards.
Before you can connect to Google, make sure you’ve completed these tasks.
- Claim and verify your Google My Business page.
- Verify that you have either owner or manager access to the Google My Business page. (If no one at your company has access to your Google My Business page, you’ll need to request ownership.)
- Click the settings (gear) icon and click Reviews.
- In Review Site Management, click Add site.
- Click Get Started.
- Click Google.
- Enter the physical address or name of your business in the appropriate field. Podium searches for businesses that match your location.
- Select your location from the list.
- Click This is my business.
- Click Done.
You can now include Google in review invitations. If you want to respond to Google reviews in Podium, continue with the following steps.
- Click Connect.
- Click Connect Google.
- Sign in to the Google account that has page owner or manager access, and grant Podium access to your Google My Business page.
- To enable Google Business Messaging, contact Podium Support by logging into your Podium account and initiating a live chat. For more information about Google Business Messaging, read “Types of Messages.”
If you have multiple review sites, you can determine the order in which each review site is presented to customers. For example, you can change the order to give preference to a specific site. To change the order of your review sites, read “Prioritizing Review Sites.”
When you’re connecting to Google, Podium can usually detect your business’s Google Place ID automatically. If we can’t find your business, you can manually look up your ID and use it to connect Podium to your Google My Business page.
To find your Google Place ID:
- Go to Google PlaceID Finder.
- Enter your business's name and city.
- Select your business from the drop-down list.
- Copy the Google Place ID to your clipboard.
To manually enter a Google Place ID:
- In Podium, click Manually enter your Google Place ID.
- Enter your Google Place ID in the appropriate field.
- Make sure the Include this site in review invitations checkbox is selected.
- Click Next and then Done.