Apple Messages for Business Chat connects customers to businesses through Messages. With Messages for Business you’ll streamline scheduling appointments, making purchases, and answering questions. Customers will be able to find your business and start a conversation directly from Apple Maps, Spotlight searches, Message Suggest, and Podium Webchat.
Businesses that sell firearms, tobacco, and vaping products will not be allowed to use Messages for Business. To learn more, review the Messages for Business Policies and Best Practices.
On Apple Maps, a message option will be displayed along with the traditional option to call your business.
When iOS users do a Spotlight search, they’ll be given the option to start an Apple Messages for Business Chat.
When an iOS device user taps on your phone number, they’ll be given the option to start a chat conversation rather than calling you.
If your account includes Webchat, you can be contacted using Apple Messages for Business directly on your website.
Before you can begin using Messages for Business to connect with customers, you’ll need to complete the following seven steps.
- Step 1: Create an Apple ID using your business email address.
- Step 2: Register for Apple Messages for Business.
- Step 3: Prepare for your Brand Experience QA Test.
- Step 4: Connect Podium to your Apple Messages for Business account.
- Step 5: Learn how to send and respond to Apple Messages for Business Chats before your QA with Apple.
- Step 6: Send an email to Apple with your common questions and schedule your Brand Experience QA Test.
- Step 7: Launch Apple Messages for Business Chat by enabling your entry points (i.e., Webchat, Maps, Spotlight, and Message Suggest).