With Payments™ you can consolidate all your payment methods into one platform. Doing so will save valuable time and resources that are normally part of the process of collecting payments. Using Payments you can:
- Request and receive payments using text messages instead of using more traditional methods like mail. Payments sent over text also have a much higher response rate.
- Accept card payments in-stores or on the go using card readers. With card readers you’ll be able to automatically send review invitations after every payment without needing any additional set up.
In the Connecting a Bank Account to Payments video, you’ll learn the basics of setting up your Payments account, which involves connecting your company’s bank account and personalizing the invoice template. In the Sending Payment Requests video, you’ll also discover how to send payment requests. In the Refunds, Reminders & Cancellations video you’ll learn to issue refunds, send reminders, and cancel payment requests. Finally watch Sending Payment Request on the Mobile App, where you'll learn to send payment requests using the Podium mobile app.
Here are a few more details about Podium Payments:
- Payment methods. Give your customers flexibility by accepting credit and debit cards, bank transfers, and Google Pay or Apple Pay.
- Pricing and fees. Payments is a free add-on product with no monthly charge, and it works seamlessly with the rest of Podium. Podium Payments charges a standard transaction and processing fee of 2.49% + $0.30 per transaction for the paid version. (Starter customers pay 2.90% + $0.30 per transaction.)
- Bank deposits. Money you collect in Podium will be transferred to your bank account on the next business day. To learn more, read "Next-Day Payout Transfer Schedule."
- Security. Our PCI-compliant software protects you and your customers, and our advanced fraud protection helps prevent you from taking payments from stolen cards.
- Reporting. Reporting tools keep you up-to-date on who has paid and who hasn't. You can even download CSV files to use in your accounting software. (If you use QuickBooks, you can create invoices in that software and send them using Podium. Full support for integrations with other popular accounting software will be available soon.) To learn more about what data is collected, read “Payments Reports.”
If you have more questions or want to dive deeper into Payments, check out these articles:
- Setting up a Bank Account
- Changing Payment Settings
- Requesting Payments
- Using Auto-Pay
- Setting up Recurring Payments
- Setting Up Stationary Card Readers (BBPOS WisePOS E)
- Taking a Payment Using a Stationary Card Reader
- Setting Up Mobile Card Readers (BBPOS Chipper™ 2X BT)
- Taking a Payment Using a Mobile Card Reader