Podium supports the WisePOS™ E in-store card reader. Before you can use it to accept payments, you’ll need to turn it on, connect it to Wi-Fi, and register it.
When you’re setting up a card reader, you’ll need to link it to a bank account. Once set up, it can process payments for any bank account you’ve added to Podium.
To set up the WisePOS E:
- Click the settings (gear) icon and select Payments.
- Click Card Readers.
- Click Add a card reader.
- If necessary, select a location. (Readers can be linked to one location only.)
- Select a bank account.(Readers can send payments to any bank account after you complete the setup process.)
- Give the reader a nickname. The nickname should be descriptive and easy for your term to recognize, such as “Customer Service Desk.” This name will be required during the checkout process.
- Click Next and continue with the next task, “Turning On & Charging the WisePOS E.”
When you receive your card reader, you should have these three pieces:
- A card reader
- A removable battery
- A USB cord
After you turn on the device, it needs to be fully charged before being unplugged and used.To turn on and charge the WisePOS E:
- Using a flat tool, push up on the bottom-left corner of the battery cover.Insert the rechargeable battery and replace the cover.
- Plug the DC connector into the DC input on the card reader and then plug the USB connector into the USB wall charger.
- Turn on the device by pressing the power button until the screen lights up.
- Go back to Podium and click I’m ready. Then continue with the next task, “Connecting & Registering the WisePOS E.”
After you’ve set up your card reader in Podium and turned on the device, you need to connect the card reader to the internet and register it.
To connect and register the WisePOS E:
- When the reader is turned on, tap Connect Wi-Fi.
- Select your network and enter the password.
- Click Next.
- On the reader’s screen, swipe left to right and tap Settings.
- Enter the admin PIN: 07139.
- Click I’m ready.
- On the reader’s screen, tap Generate Pairing Code.
- Enter the three-word code that is displayed on your reader.
- Click Register.
If set up correctly, your card reader’s status will be “online.” You’re ready to start collecting payments using your card reader.
If your card reader isn’t able to connect to Wi-Fi, make sure your connection meets the following requirements:
- Your card reader is turned on and charged.
- Both the card reader and the computer you’re using to connect the card reader to Podium are on the same network. To check which network your card reader is using, swipe left to right and tap Settings. When prompted, enter the admin PIN: 07139 and tap Wi-Fi Settings.
- Your Wi-Fi connection is secure.
- Your DNS settings are configured correctly.