Once Webchat™ is installed, the widget appears at the bottom of each page of your website. If you have location-specific pages, you can customize Webchat to start a text conversation using a default location; users don’t need to select a location. To do this, you'll need to know your location IDs; you can contact Podium Support by logging into your Podium account and initiating a live chat to get a full list.
To customize your code for a default location:
- In Podium, click the settings (gear) icon and select Webchat.
- Select an installed widget.
- Click Widget options.
- Copy the widget code.
- Open a text editor, and paste the code into the editor.
- Edit the code to include the location ID.
<script defer src="https://connect.podium.com/widget.js#API_TOKEN=YOUR-API-TOKEN" id="podium-widget"data-api-token="YOUR-API-TOKEN" data-api-location-id="LOCATION-ID"></script>
- Copy the updated code.
To add the custom Webchat code on a website page:
- Sign in to your website as an administrator.
- Edit the HTML of the page.
- Paste the widget code.
- Save and publish your changes.