In order to enable your Podium web phone, you need to grant access to your microphone settings in your browser.
When you first set up calls in Podium, you’ll be prompted to allow microphone access from your browser window. If you skipped/missed that step or initially declined microphone permissions, you’ll need to change your permissions in your browser settings to start calling contacts in Podium.
Make sure to check which browser you’re using to follow the correct instructions below.
- If not already, open Podium in your Chrome browser.
- At the top right, click the three-dot More menu, and then click Settings in the dropdown.
- Click Privacy and security and then Site settings and then Microphone.
- Make sure your selected default behavior is Sites can ask to use your microphone.
- Under the section titled Customized behaviors, review the list of sites, and click the arrow next to app.podium.com (if you initially declined permissions, it will be listed under which sites aren’t allowed to use your microphone).
- If you don’t see Podium’s site listed, then you most likely didn’t decline the permissions initially and just skipped the step. In that case, try making a call in your Podium account, and you’ll be prompted to enable microphone access in the top left corner of the browser window.
To learn more or get more information, check out Google’s help article.
- In Windows 10, go to: Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone
- In Windows 11, go to: Start > Settings > Privacy & security > Microphone
To learn more or get more information, check out Microsoft's help article.
- If you don’t have it already, open and log into your Podium account in your Safari app on your Apple computer.
- Click Safari in the top menu, and select Settings for [app.podium.com].
- Next to Microphone, select Allow.
- You may need to refresh your web page if you don’t immediately see your changes applied.
To learn more or get more information, check out Apple's help article.
- In the top menu bar, click Firefox and select Preferences.
- Go to Privacy & Security, and scroll down to the Permissions section.
- Click the Settings… button for the Microphone option. You’ll see a list of websites that have allowed or blocked permissions.
- Find Podium in the list (i.e. app.podium.com), and select Allow in the permission dropdown.
- Click Save Changes.
To learn more or get more information, check out Firefox's help article.